Thursday, September 16, 2010

OttaFrankenPrague.

Greetings Wesmen fans and family, my name is Justin Duff and I have recently finished my 4th & final year with the University of Winnipeg Wesmen Men's Volleyball team. Currently I am with the Canadian National Volleyball team on mark for World Championships in Italy. I'll try and be short with this summer's backstory, wish me luck. I was selected to the National 'B' team sometime in May, got invited to Australia with the 'A' team to fill an injury spot in June, and have stuck around since then. Now that you're up to date, we can move towards more recent news. September 11th we departed Ottawa, connected through Frankfurt, arrived in Prague. [Some of these events may have occurred September 12th, depending on your time zone.] Airport security is something everyone complains about, rightfully so. The lines are long, it's a high stress environment, and the officers end up taking away your toothpaste because it's in a 130ml bottle as opposed to the accepted 100ml bottle EVEN THOUGH it's nowhere near full. We landed safe, were greeted by a 2 hour bus ride to the quaint town of Litomysl, and have played 1 exhibition match against the Czech's. I feel that this entry is getting long, so I will save the summary of that game, as well as the one I am about to play for next time. Until then, all the best.
-j.duff

1 comment: